Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish (http://www.brokeandbookish.com/p/top-ten-tuesday-other-features.html).
This week’s Top Ten Tuesday is favorite new releases of 2016 (so far). I only made a top 5 list; so far I’ve read 8 new releases in 2016, but only 5 of these felt worthy to go on any kind of favorites list. Also, this is possibly the shortest post I’ve ever done.
- Mr. Splitfoot by Samantha Hunt (4.5 stars). I think this will end up on my overall top 10 books for the year; I highly, highly recommend this very weird book.
2. Every Heart a Doorway by Seanan McGuire (4 stars) – perfect for fans of portal fantasy. I also liked that the main character was asexual, something that is rare for YA.
3. All the Birds in the Sky by Charlie Jane Anders (4 stars) – it’s hard to blend science fiction and fantasy, but this book really made it work.
4. A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas (4 stars) – wonderful romantic, escapist fantasy.
5. Roses and Rot by Kat Howard (3.5 stars) – an absorbing fantasy perfect for creative types who like some creepiness with their fae stories.